|Downloads This Version
|Downloads of All Time
Run DOS programs from Finder. Wrap your games into elegant packages that launch like a Mac app. Painlessly install games from CD--then bundle the CD with your game so you don't even need it in the drive.
Don't struggle with mounts and emulation settings; don't nurse a greedy games database; don't bang your head against a DOS prompt; just play your games. Boxer takes away the fuss and leaves the fun.
* Developer-signed for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion's Gatekeeper.
* Improved configurations for Battlespire, Blood and Alien Incident.
* Fixed The 7th Guest being incorrectly detected as playing MT-32 music when set up for General MIDI.
* Improved mouse-locking to unlock properly when activating Exposť or the Cmd+Tab app switcher, and to prevent locking over the menu or dock when in fullscreen.
* Fixed extra drives appearing in drives list when running a duplicated gamebox.
* Fixed DOS window getting resized incorrectly when there was insufficient screen space to show the window at its minimum size.
Universal Binary (PPC/Intel)
PPC / Intel
Mac OS X 10.5 or later
|Tonyrh (1/13/2010 - version 0.87)
|DOSBox is great but can be really mac unfriendly. Boxer is the solution: great macosx integration and look&feel.
Huge improvements are coming too: I found a 1.0alpha version on the developer's blog and that's just sweet!
|Xoviet chiK (10/29/2008 - version 0.8)
|Great app. CD based games still have a few issues (probably DOSBox itself), but it's so slick and performs so well that it's hard to fault it. A lot of great ideas here too, that I'd love to see expanded and other developers make use of.
View All Ratings & Reviews