|Downloads This Version
|Downloads of All Time
Barricade, also known as Malefiz, is inspired from the famous board game of type "pawn race" which is a turn based game. It is a simple game that can be played by the whole family, from parents to children.
If it is simple, it is however captivating because it requires a good strategy : you need to make a smart balance between :
Blocking the enemies
Attacking the enemies
Protecting your pawns
Grouping your pawns for a higher power
Barricade can be played alone against the computer or with 2, 3, 4 players..., depending on the game board. It can be played on the same machine, on the local network (LAN) or through the internet. With more than 2 players, it is even more distracting because of the temporary alliances than can be established and stopped during the game : no matter the method, you need to prevent the others from arriving to the final square before you ! A board editor is also available and you can share your creations from the boards catalog of the official site.
* Addition of 5 new boards : "Belt", "Donkey Kong", "Goose", "Triple" and "Squares".
* Addition of 3 new skins : "Egypt", "Summer" and "Halloween".
* Display bug fix in the board editor.
* Improvment : open/save file dialog boxes now have a defaulty selected file filter.
* Typo in the "Valentine" skin name.
Universal Binary (PPC/Intel)
A Mac with Java 5 or higher