|Downloads This Version
|Downloads of All Time
Sweet16 is an evolution of the clasic Bernie ][ The Rescue, generally regarded as one of the best -- if not the best -- Apple IIgs emulator ever created. While not yet as fully-featured as Bernie ][ The Rescue, Sweet16 is a Universal Binary running natively on both PowerPC and Intel processors, support for printing from Apple IIgs desktop applications, and broad disk image format support.
More features and improvements are planned, so stay tuned!
• The main event loop now does sleeps instead of busy-loops, dramatically reducing wasted CPU cycles; Sweet16 plays much more nicely with other running processes now.
• Rewrote the video timing code to be more precise.
• Removed some unnecessary mutual exclusion code in the networking support, speeding up networking substantially.
• The Create Disk Image panel now lets you choose a disk image format on Mac OS X 10.4; previously this popup window didn't do anything prior to Mac OS X 10.5.
• Creating disk images of even 1 MB sizes (5 MB, 10 MB, 32 MB, 100 MB, for example) now goes much, much faster, since instead of writing out 512 bytes at a time, these are written 1 MB at a time. A future update will provide a similar performance improvement for floppy size image creation.
• Clicks in the video window are no longer ignored when the System Information window is open.
• Enabled some new optimizations that noticeably improves performance on PowerPC systems.
• Removed some unnecessary debug output.
• The Create Disk Image panel now lets you create DiskCopy 4.2 images at 1.4 MB.
• The Create Disk Image panel's size popup no longer wanders out of view when you resize the panel.
• Memory no longer gets leaked when controls in the Create Disk Image and Create Emupack file panels are clicked on.
• Reworded the alert that appears when trying to mount a CD-ROM when no CD-ROM is found, since the same alert is used both when there is no CD-ROM media available as well as when there is no CD-ROM drive available.
Universal Binary (PPC/Intel)
• Mac OS X 10.4 or higher