The universal patch for Chessmaster 9000 is out now! This update to the game allows Chessmaster to run at full speed on Macs with Intel processors… and that's very speedy indeed. We've also fixed a few graphical glitches that occurred while running the game on OS X Leopard.
As with all of our Universal patches, this update also includes Sparkle auto-updating, so the next time we release an update, Chessmaster can download and install it for you.
So unless you know your En Passant from your Threefold Repetition, what are you waiting for? The patch can be downloaded by clicking the link below!
Chessmaster 9000 1.1.2:
• Universal Application - Now runs native on Intel (and PPC) processors.
• MacBook X3100 Support - Game no longer crashes on newer MacBooks.
• Sparkle - Game uses Sparkle auto update to update the game.
• New Icon - Very Shiny 512px icon supports "Quicklook" at full resolution.
• Dropped <10.4 support - Requires at least 10.4 to play.
Universal Binary (PPC/Intel)
• Mac OS X 10.4 or higher.