You are the pilot of Quantum, an Omega-class fighter patroling deep space. It's a lonely assigment.
Suddenly, and predictably, you are caught in a sub-space anomoly and transported to the middle of a mysterious region of space with a black hole at its center and deadly asteroids drifting by. You'll encounter hostile aliens and mysterious floating artifacts.
Quantum is a new, updated take on the classic game of Asteroids. It's Asteroids taken to another level adding:
• modern OpenGL graphics
• aliens that actually fight back
• floating artifacts to help you survive
• rocks that realistically collide with each other
• a large (and resizable!) playing area
• a particle engine
• three difficulty levels
• and the dreaded black hole, relentlessly pulling everything toward its inky maw.
- New artifact that gives your ship reverse thrust capability!
- New points artifact that appears in a group.
- Slowed ship rotation rate for easier aiming.
- Multiple aliens and artifacts may appear at once.
- Converted to 10.5 SDK. Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or newer required.
- Code cleanup and optimization.
- Updated sound engine.
- Various tweaks and adjustments.
Universal Binary (PPC/Intel)
Mac OS 10.5 or later. G5 processor or Intel Mac and 1 GB RAM recommended.