Privateer Gemini Gold 1.02a
The Gemini Gold Team
Many of us experienced Privateer in the early 90's, the engaging space piracy and trading game that captured us with mystery and challenges.
Some contemporary efforts tried bringing back the Privateer joy of years past, but all have been limited by the blocky 320x200 pixel art in the game. The competing Privateer Gemini Gold has just released a new Open Source Privateer to all platforms with the inflight and ground art redone at 800x600 as well as with all the familiar controls that were baked into the base scenes and immersed the player in the scenes.
Just like the original, you start poor, with an old scout class ship in a sparsely populated system in the Gemini Sector. As usual, you must try to get money through various mission assignments from which you can purchase better ships and upgrades. It's your choice how to explore Gemini and align with the various factions, earn your money as a merchant, bounty hunter, traitor or pirate. Meet Sandoval in a bar on New Detroit and talk to him to trigger the original campaign and the newer Righteous Fire expansion.
Version 1.02a is basically a polished 1.02 release based on the bugreports and feedback that reached us during the last four weeks.
- new paradigm model with turrets
- new "New Constantinople Superbase" model
- "bounce back bug" which prevents you from landing
- Lynn Murphy mission: hostile militia wingmen
- Lynn Murphy mission: no mission payment
- Search for Mordichai Jones: Pirate doesn't deliver message
- cargo space calculation bug when using cargo expansion
- missing linux/ubuntu dependencies
- npcs are always hostile (linux)
- impossible rescue missions
- sound issues (linux)
Mac OS X Only
G4/G5/Intel, 512MB RAM, 3D Acelerator 128MB, 400 MB HDD
Privateer Gemini Gold