PrBoom, the purest Doom port (?) aims to be the most stable Doom port with the highest compatibility to the major Doom versions. Highres software and nice OpenGL rendering. Full Boom and most if not all MBF features.
• Don't fail when a texture name can't be looked up
• Increased several limits - Thanks to entryway and RjY
• Increased number of sidedef limit to 65534
• Increased number of vertexes limit to 65535
• Fixed crash when crossing sectors with very big height differences
• fix crash on E4M8
• New command-line options for setting a window (-window) or fullscreen (-nowindow) mode temporarily.
• The maximal supported resolution is increased from 1600x1200 to 2048x1536
• GLBoom will use the closest supported resolution when running fullscreen
• The "RUN" key inverts the autorun state
• Live monsters are highlighted in a different colour on the iddt-automap
• Fixed OpenGL sky rendering in Requiem and Memento Mori
• The "Show coordinates of automap pointer" setting works now
• merged many cleanups and fixes from PrBoom 2.3
• fix translucency map file handle leak
• fix consistency failures in netgames
• prevent crashes at 800x600 caused by rounding errors with naive clipping
• fixed slowdown at 1024x768 on some systems
• ability to play tasdoom demos directly
• -solo-net option is a shortcut for one-player network games
• emulate spechit overflows for dosdoom and tasdoom compatibility
• made several cleanups and fixes
Universal Binary (PPC/Intel)
• Mac OS X 10.4 or later
• you need the original Doom data files to be able to play. Depending on your Doom version these are called doom.wad, doom2.wad, tnt.wad or plutonia.wad. You can also get the Demo version from
Prboom is the ultimate doom port for those interested in either watching "demos" (recordings of players playing the game) or wanting to play the game in as "pure" a fashion as is possible on our modern operating systems. Other ports of doom tend to modify monster behaviour in one way or another. If on the otherhand you are interested in playing Doom with more modern graphics, then Doomsday is clearly the superior option.
its a ok app but(7/25/2006 - version 2.4.3)
There is already a OSX port of doom/heretic and hexen. it's call Doomsday. Why is this app not on Macgamefiles.com it's so much better than this app. Any ways here is the anet addy for Doomsday. www.doomsdayhq.com much better but it app is ok if you want the real old sytle textures.