Plinko is the name of a game played on
The Price Is Right, where a contestant
drops up to 5 Plinko discs down a
large peg board to win up to $50,000
My version of Plinko has simple
graphics, but otherwise plays just
like the game show; i.e. you drop 5
discs to win up to $50,000.
Whats new in Plinko 1.2 vs 1.1:
• Added feature to calculate score (previous version did not calculate score).
• Now use TPIR summary as default (previous version just showed some statistics about the path of the disc).
• Now allows user to specify up to 501 rows (previous version was limited to 150).
• Now allows user to specify up to 1001 columns (previous version did not allow user to specify columns and was limited to 300 columns).
• Now allows user to specify up to 100 discs (previous version was limited to 10).
• Rewrote section that calculates columns based on rows so it now uses the correct number
for any number of rows (previous version would have one extra column when rows was set to an odd number).
• Specify one or more start positions (previous version did not allow user to manually specify a start position or start positions).
• Add hints that are shown every time the program is run 5 times.
(e.g how to access the prefernces, how to specify multiple start positions, use an odd number of rows for TPIR mode,
how to turn off prompts (for faster play).
• New glossy icon (OS X look).
• Add a preferences window that allows the user to change:
- background color
- window size (full, desktop, super)
- summary information
- show hints (on/off)
- show prompts every time or not for: rows, columns, start position, and discs (allows you to run the game with your
favorite settings without having to see the prompts every time).
• Twice as fast, i.e. rewrote section of code the calculates the path of each disc, so that it now runs in 1/2 the time
(most noticeable when running Plinko with up to 501 rows).
• Deleted code that would ask the user to register.
• Add new code to change number of recommended runs to 5 if 1 start position or to 1 if multiple start positions.
• Rewrote the "About Plinko" (instructions) file to clearly and easily explain all the features of Plinko,
including how to access the new preferences and how to specify one or more start postions.
Mac OS X Only
Any version of OS X.