American History Lux is a computer strategy game that takes you through the wars that have shaped American History. The game lets you replay all the wars that have shaped U.S. history. Have fun and learn some history and geography while you're at it. AHL includes the French and Indian War, the American Revolution, the Mexican-American War, the US Civil War, 3 separate World War theaters, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, and finishes with the Iraq War.
Learn Your American History
We start with the colonization of North America and the rise of the United States. This is followed by the World Wars and US overseas campaigns. Every war comes as a realistic map outlining the important cities and geography of the time. Background information and links to full Wikipedia histories complete your interactive learning experience.
Difficult Enough For You
4 varying difficulty provide a good challenge for newcomers and experienced Luxers alike. I challenge you to beat it on General level.
The free American History Lux demo is limited to the first 3 wars. The cost to buy the full version is $20 US. Full registration gives you access to all the included maps throughout history.
• added sliders to control the volume of the music and sounds
• fixed a fullscreen flickering problem that appeared on some CRT monitors
• fixed a missing connection in the Iraq War map
• small bug fixes
• properly appears as a universal binary in the MacOS Finder
• support for multiple user profiles was previously added in version 1.07
• no longer supports MacOS 10.2 systems (sorry)
Universal Binary (PPC/Intel)
• Mac OS X 10.2 or later.