OpenGLide is a shared ibrary that emulates a 3dfx-Voodoo-Graphics board. It allows you to run 3dfx/Glide games without the 3dfx-hardware by translating Glide calls to OpenGL. It is a port of OpenGLide for Windows.
• New rendering engine (more accurate than in 0.10.1). This allows better quality and fixes some rendering glitches such as the haze in Falcon 4.0 (which didn't show up in 0.10.1).
To get the higher quality rendering, you need a graphics card with at least 3 texture units, for example an ATI Radeon 7500. Smaller cards like NVidia GForce 2mx or ATI Rage 128 will still use the simple rendering mode, and things will continue to look like in 0.10.1.
• Full Scene AntiAliasing (FSAA) for ATI chips (only in the Classic environment)
• Tweaked a code a little to gain more speed on slower systems (does anyone notice?)
• Objects in Carmageddon (and probably other games) don't loose their transparency anymore when the fog becomes thicker.
• Less white screen appearence during screen resolution changes
Improved memory management hopefully fixes sudden exits in Falcon 4.0 that happended to some users when firing a rocket.
• Haze in Falcon 4.0 rendered correctly.
• Translucent Menu backgrounds in Tomb Raider 1 Gold.
• Translucent Lightnings in Tomb Raider 1 Gold.
• Fixed the multicolored skidmarks in Carmageddon (Splatpack).
• Mac OS 9
• Mac OS X 10.1 and later (classic mode compatible)