Western Quake³ is intended to be a realistic simulation of the "Old West's" great atmosphere. It is being developed - as you can see in the name - on id Software's Quake³ Arena Engine.
This Total Conversion will include completely new weapons created with historically correct information about damage, rate of fire, reload time etc. It will also include new gametypes and maps inspired mostly from movies. And to increase the feeling of "Gunslingers Atmosphere" we will also create music tracks and sounds adapted to the simulated times. Besides all those features Western Quake³ will also include many more features. Some are listed below.
Western Quake³ Features List
This section shows a list of features which will be included in Western Quake³. It might not yet be complete and will therefore keep growing with time. But it gives you an idea of what Western Q3 is.
* A full arsenal of weapons with historically correct design. Check the weapons page for more information.
* A big variety of "western styled" maps and player models.
* A realistic damage system with different locations (head, chest...) and increased falling damage.
* New "Western styled" gametypes for more fun (like Bank Robbery, Duel...) and a single player (playable in cooperative multiplayer) with a story and missions with different goals.
* A Money System implying equipment purchase with money from rewards.
* Different character classes having different abilities.
* New "easy-to-use" graphical User Interface and HUD.
* Other small improvements for a better and funnier gameplay.