• Skills which improve with practice rather than through killing monsters.
• No class-based restrictions on what the player can learn to do.
• Speed which depends primarily on the player's ability at carrying out that sort of action.
• A point-based character generation routine.
• Spirits which confer the ability to practice Life and Nature magic instead of using spellbooks to do so.
• Hedge magic which allows spells to be cast from charms.
• In-game spoilers which can let the player see everything he knows (or can find out) about many items at a glance.
Classic and Mac OS X
• MacOS 8.6 and higher
• MacOS X
Not ready for public release to the unsuspecting game-playing populace. Lots of potential to exceed other text rpg's. Currently combines the charm of the MS-DOS user interface with the fun of the MS-DOS user interface. Its not the genre (primitive) I object too, its that I had more trouble getting this to run on my Mac than I had with rogue or net-hack from ages past. Hope the next release fixes all those obvious interface bugs.