MacMAME Utilities 1.0
This is a package of utilities to help manage the thousands of files that can accumulate in your MacMAME folders. If you don't know what MacMAME is then you don't need MacMAME Utilities.
• Fixed a variety of issues with files whose path contained certain special characters, such as . For example, attempting to delete such a file would previously have failed. It now works properly. This may also explain the problems that a few people were having with external drives.
• Added the ability to use clrmame pro's dat files with MMU. MMU automatically recognizes them by their .dat extension. MMU will not currently use the Bios info from the dat file, but will continue to use it's own internal Bios list. A future version will support the use of the dat file Bios info.
• Added a new pref to point to the Master ROM list you want to automatically load when MMU starts This list can be either a MAME ROM List (though it no longer has to have that name) or a clrmame pro .dat file. The list can be stored anywhere.
• Changed the Load ROM List file menu option to Load Master ROM List This will load either a MAME ROM List or a clrmame .dat file.
• Changed the Mame ROM List menu option to Master ROM List. This will display the contents of the currently loaded Master ROM List, regardless of type.
• Added new window: Current Data Sources
shows where MMU is currently getting its information.
• Unknown Screenshots Search: When displaying unknown screenshot files you can now use the Option-S keystroke to view the screenshot. Fixed an issue where moving an alias to the trash actually moved the file the alias pointed to, rather than the alias.
• About Window: Fixed a problem that caused the About menu item to be disabled.
• Missing Roms Search: Fixed an issue with Virtual Clone detection where the parent is actually an alias
• Zip Split/Merge: Fixed an issue with clones/aliases/virtual clones whose parent is actually an alias
• Bios: Fixed an issue with Bios detection. This primarily affected skns games. The issue affected both the Missing Roms search and Zip Split/Merge.
• Zip File Mover: double clicking on an alias will now display the contents of the parent zip file, if it can be found.
• Duplicate Zip Search: fixed a bug with reusing search results. If you did 2 searches, the 2nd search would return more duplicates. • Also removed a debugging message I'd left in the Trash buttons. Fixed an error when it found duplicate bios files and you tried to click on the bios file in the duplicates list.
• Updated internal bios list to match MacMAME 0.74
• I have begun work on a rom renaming option, but it is not finished yet. So dont be surprised by the disabled menu option...
• I've also started work on a function to compare 2 rom lists, but you guessed it, it's not finished yet. So...
Classic and Mac OS X
• Mac OS 9.x with CarbonLib 1.5 or higher
• Mac OS X 10.1.5 or higher
• MacMAME 0.53 or higher
||yurongjie (8/7/2003 - version 0.98b)
View All Ratings & Reviews