Arcane Arena features a persistent world, massively multiplayer RPG style game. By utilizing a unique battle system in which individual speed characteristics effect the real-world rate at which they receive turns, battles capture both the adrenaline rush of real time games and the complex, tactical satisfaction of turn-based play.
• Fixed a problem in the Client where the player list could get screwy after a Host re-connection.
• Added help to the Client when a '?' is typed.
• That '?' help message is displayed in the Client when a new character is created now.
• Fixed a problem in the Client where players logging in with the same name could cause the player list to have problems displaying peoples stats when clicked on.
• Changed the Client so that if it fails to load the view plugin, it resets the preferences to use the default view plugin name.
• Created a loop when connecting to the Host so the Client will attempt to connect 30 times before giving up.
• Fixed a Client bug where using the "Join" button would exit the arena interface briefly before the battle started.
• Created a workaround for a crashing bug in the Client which would occur during long extended battles. The workaround is for the view plugin to be re-loaded every 3 minutes during battle.
• Added some clipping to the top and left of the view in the view plugins.
• Fixed a crashing bug on the OS X Client when trying to switch which view plugin is being used on the fly.
• Attempted to fix about a dozen crashing bugs in the Host.
• Reduced the number of bosses in boss monster packs on level 101. This was a Host change.
• Added processing for two specific macros to the Host. You can now create a macro that is 'u(1)' or 'u(2)' which will use a restore health potion or a restore mana potion respectively, provided the player has one.
Classic and Mac OS X
• MacOS 8.1 - MacOS X 10.1.5 or higher