Ultima 7, an RPG from the early 90's, still has a huge following. But, being a DOS game with a very non-standard memory manager, it is difficult to run it on the latest computers. Exult is a project to create an Ultima 7 game engine that runs on modern operating systems, capable of using the data and graphics files that come with the game.
You need to own Ultima7: The Black Gate in order to use this.
New keyboard shortcuts.
• Major code restructure, making it easier to hack on.
• Some memory management changes
• Huge audio system overhaul (with some breakage that we'll sort out before alpha2. Promise!)
• Changes to weapon animations (not quite fixing the fact that they aren't drawn correctly)
• configure.in has been completely cleaned up
• Better mouse.
• Get the Guardian's voice right under a wide variety of circumstances. No more Guardian The Death Muppet (we hope).
• New usecode support