|Downloads This Version
|Downloads of All Time
Power20 emulates all important features of a real VIC-20 such as:
• MOS 6502 CPU Emulation (incl. Illegal Opcodes)
• VIC (Video/Sound IC) Emulation (Video: Scanline-Based, incl. all Video Modes; Complete Sound Emulation)
• VIA Emulation (Timers, Interrupts)
• Optional Original VIC-20 Keyboard Layout or Macintosh Keyboard Layout
• Joystick (both via real ADB Joystick and Keyboard mapping), Paddles and Lightpen emulated
• Support for ROM Cartridge files.
• CPU Level 1541 Floppy Disk Emulation. Can handle most fast-loaders and special floppy tricks.
• ROM Level 1541 Disk Drive emulated (*.D64, *.X64 and ZipCode files supported) for fast and easy disk access.
• Direct Access to Macintosh File System (both *.C64 and *.P00 files supported)
• Tape Drive (Datasette) emulated (*.T64 and Lynx files)
• TapeDisk: *.T64 and Lynx files can also be used on disk drives
• Automatic expansion of ZIP, GZ and LHA compressed Disk or Tape images. No need to expand compressed images from CD-ROM to harddisk. Just run them from the CD. Power20 can also write GZ files, saving space on the Mac HD.
• Printer Emulation (Text only)
• The fonts in the directory and debugger window are now scalable, to accomodate high-res screens, where 9-point Monaco is simply to hard to read.
• Sound Output is broken on some Macs. This used to cause extremly fast emulation in Power20. While the root cause of this bug is still not understood, Power20 now detects the problem and safely falls back to mute emulation.
• Power20 sometime had trouble mounting disks via Drag&Drop. This bug has been fixed.
• Power20 no longer crashes when saving/loading RAM Images even if disk/tape images are attached.
• Added Support for Gamepads
• Power20 no longer crashes when drawing screens in black/white mode.
• Minor Bugfix for Joystick Support in MacOS 10.4.9
• Lots of links in the documentation have been updated/fixed.
Classic and Mac OS X
• Mac OS X 10.1 or later