Aspyr Media, Inc. has once again teamed up with Electronic Arts and Firaxis Games to bring the long-awaited S.M.A.C. to the Mac. Due to arrive later this year, just in time for the holiday season. ALPHA CENTAURI is the next generation of strategy games. It combines a science-fiction genre with the perfect balance of exploration, discovery, building and conquest that are synonymous with Sid Meier's legendary strategy games. The result is the most compelling and addictive strategy game in the industry.
Aspyr has released an update for Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and includes the following fixes:
• Added some higher manual refresh rate settings, needed by some newer monitors.
• You can now bring up the initial "Options" dialog by holding down the command key at startup. The old method of holding down the option key is still supported as well.
• Added fix for black/white issues with MacOS 9.1.
• Improved timing characteristics for high-latency net games. Still not perfect, but it should be better.
• You can now choose which monitor you'd like to play on via the Options dialog. Note that this only applies when you are running the game fullscreen and not in a window.