SpectraMediaTech, Inc has decided to give Mac gamers some G.U.T.S. - the Gaming Utility Tool Set. Designed to be a reference and tool for game masters of paper RPGs, miniatures battles, or any game that uses dice for the game activity, G.U.T.S. is highly customizable. You can configure it for almost any type of dice-based game, and now you don't have to worry about losing all those expensive dice!
G.U.T.S. alpha basic includes:
• Simplified Date, Time, and Round Tracking
• User Defined Results (UDRs) for all kinds of things such as user-defined random number generators, optional manual input of results, optional real time adjustments to results, and much more.
• Automated logging of system generated results
• Log may be saved to text file
• Supports manual entries/edits to the log
• Log entries may be spoken aloud (on speech enabled systems)
If you are a game referee, most of the tools should sound familiar to you, no matter what dice-based system you currently use.
The G.U.T.S. website provides detailed documentation for using this utility, and while it is still in this alpha stage, the download is free. The alpha version expires at the end of February 2000, and will be a $25 shareware product afterwards.
• 4 MB RAM
• 20MB disk space
• 640*480 monitor capable of displaying 256 colors
• System 7.5 or later (possibly earlier OS versions as well)